As a supply teacher, I get to meet many different children of all ages, on a daily basis. I also get to hear many questions, statements, opinions, and thoughts in general that are quite ridiculous/hilarious/shocking/and just plain awesome. This blog post my friends, is an homage to those students and their thoughts….
- “Ms. F you look like you’re a lot younger there.” (after seeing a picture of me at my wedding (a month before)…back-handed compliment, or just sad about how I look on a daily basis?! haha
- student: “Erin!” me: “Oh, we can’t call me by my first name today- I’m your teacher!” student: “Oh, ok. Everyone this is my aunt, Mrs. E”. (After teaching my niece for a class)
- “F*ck off.” (for real, and quite a bit actually.)
- Me: “I don’t want to hear your voice for the rest of the movie.” Student: “I don’t want to hear yours either.” (Maybe my favourite.)
- student: “and I was like whatever bitch” me: “Ummm, did you realize there’s a teacher right behind you?” student: “Oh sh*t sorry! I thought you were a student!” (lunch room duty in a grade 8 class)
- this one didn’t happen to me, but a friend…. student: “I don’t like the sound of your name, but I sure do like the look of you” (a grade one said that beaut.)
- “Hey Mrs. Flowery!” (last name = Flattery)
- “Maybe I’ll listen to you when you’re a real teacher.” (Another wonderful grade 8 student)
- “Ohhhhhh. Your scarf is just beautiful!” This was a kindergartener (boy!) who said this as he was stroking the scarf in his hand.
- “Are you and my real teacher sisters? Cause you look the same, but she’s got wrinkles, so she must be older.” (grade one)
These next 2 aren’t from my students, but my nephews on Christmas this year…
- “All I wanted was money. I just wanted money!” (4 year old boy after getting some Mac trucks as his gift.)
- “How did you know?!” (different nephew after we gave him DS games for the DS Santa gave him that morning!) 🙂
I know I’ve got soooooo many more, but do you think I can remember them now that I want to? nope.
If any of you teachers have some of your own funny comments from kids, reply! We’ll see how many we can add to the list! 🙂