So, I started this blog just over a year ago, and my goal was to blog about making things, or doing things I’ve never done before. I think I’ve been somewhat successful non?
Let’s look back and see shall we?
- I created this blog. (Sweet!)
- All our wedding stuff was DIY’ed and boy am I glad that is over! (Though secretly I loved it!) 😛
- I played on a dodgeball team! (AND am going to play again!!)
- Tried Sushi for the first time. (Sooooooooooo good!)
- Traveled to New Orleans and San Francisco.
- Tried a Chip Buddy. (If you’ve never had it, look it up. It’s quite tasty, and yet so simple!)
- Completed my first AQ for teaching.
- Created a heck of a lot of Monday Meals! (All were recipes I’ve never tried before!)
- Held an ugly sweater party! (Which I’ve ALWAYS wanted to do!) (Which got real hot real quick)
- Walked in a 10 mile “race“. (Race is in quotations simply because it’s clear myself, Kathy, and Eileen were not racing.)
- Created my first hair piece for someone! (And I don’t even have pictures…)
- Ate a bug. Gross. Does not taste like nothing. Tastes like gross.
- Drank beer out of a glass boot.
- Got married. (Definitely something I’ve never done before! :P)
- Took a Bollywood class (then taught the dance to about a hundred kids!)
- Took a Belly dance class.
- Chose the colours for, and painted a whole room by myself. Nope, never done this before. Might not be 100% finished yet, but still painted none the less!
- Went to an NKOTB concert! Woot woot! (not to mention BSB too!)
Ummmmm….I feel like I’ve done more, or made more. It’s actually quite hard to sum up your accomplishments/actions from a whole year.
Oh yes one more for sure…
- I entered and won a blogging contest! For real! I am now one of five “real serious bloggers” for this year’s Western Fair!
If you’ve never been, then what are you waiting for?!?
It’s super big, full of super fun rides, super awesome fair food to eat, super neat booths to see, it’s just super period. And I get to blog about it!
Needless to say I’m really excited- when I started this blog it was really just to share the fun and crazy things I get up to, or talk about getting up to. But the more I do it, the more I realize I quite enjoy writing and really enjoy reading people’s reactions to them. I love seeing that I have an email to tell me that someone has commented -It kind of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
Wow that got kinda emosh.
Anywho, I’m super excited about the contest win, and VERY flattered to be chosen!
Here’s to another year of silly projects, new experiences, and hopefully entertained readers! 🙂
For your viewing pleasure, here are some pics from the last year that you might enjoy!