New Years Resolutions.
I’ve made them, you’ve made them. I’ve kept some, and (clearly) broke some. We all have. I’m going to attempt to make and keep some new ones for 2012.
But Erin, what are some resolutions you’ve made in the past?
- To eat less salt. Believe it or not I’ve actually kept that one up for the most part. In high school I use to salt stuff so much that it was inedible to everyone except myself. Seriously.
- To be more fun. I think I kept that one up? You tell me.
- To speak my mind more. I think I was pretty successful on that one. This was actually one from last January. I feel like this year was one of the first years I wasn’t really a push over. Maybe I was wrong…
- To be healthier. Isn’t this always a resolution?!
Ok, so here are this years resolutions…
- To be healthier. I’ve not really been successful over the last couple years. I’ve obviously gained some weight over the last little while (who’s kidding who!), and I’ve GOT to get that under control. My skinny little legs were not made to carry my watermelon like mid-section. For reals. It’s depressing. Physical activity has to go up, and eating better needs to become more of a priority.
- To become more GREEN. It’s not terribly hard to consciously be more environmentally aware. I hope to walk more places (instead of driving to the corner store- which I do a lot), be more aware of my electricity usage, and well I’m going to talk to my knowledgeable friend Sandra about it really. She’ll give me some great ideas.
- To do more stuff. Sitting on the couch, or our big leather recliner, is comfy and all, but I need to be more active. Not even just in the physical sense, but mentally as well. I love DIYing, but I don’t do a whole lot of it. Lots can be done around the house, and there are many projects that I can do to take off Matt’s plate. First on my docket… well ok I’m torn. I really want to paint the spare room, but I also really want some hooks up in the bathroom (no it’s not painted yet- but I’m going crazy not being able to hang up any towels!!). What would you do first?
- Really work on getting my student debt down. Just thinking about it stresses me out! I need to get serious about it!
Phew, ok so 4 really doable resolutions no?
I think so.
Let’s hear some of your resolutions! Do you ever keep them? OR are you a breaker like most of us! 😛