Another New Year, another set of resolutions.
I’ve heard it only takes 21 days to form a habit, but in the past, I can’t say I’ve ever made it that far. Well this year, is the year I’m going to change it. It’s now mid February, and I’ve slowly (but steadily), been losing some of the extra weight I’ve gained over the last 10 years or so. In 6 weeks, I’ve lost 11 pounds. It may not sound like a lot, but I’ll be honest- I’m SUPER lazy. Just ask my husband (Sorry Matt!).
For me to have stuck to this resolution (and to see results) is earth shattering. I’ve re-joined the gym (and have actually been going), stopped drinking my FAVOURITE sugary coffee drinks (for the most part), and have been attempting to eat healthier. Doesn’t sound like much does it? Well, you’re right! Just cutting out my morning Ice Cappuccinos have for real, made a huge difference. Yes, I am also watching my calorie count, BUT cutting out Ice Capps accounted for like a quarter of my “recommended” calories per day. Yikes! When they say “don’t drink your calories”, it’s for a reason. I would so much rather have food, than a drink. Chai Tea has now become my daily go-to. Mmmmmmmm!
My Motivation Wall
I figured by posting this on my blog, it would hold me more accountable and blogging about my ‘getting healthy’ journey could also be something that I “try” on here. It might also motivate me to get blogging more often too. I’ve realized recently how much I have actually missed it!
So here’s hoping that these will be 2 resolutions I’ll actually continue to follow through on. 🙂
New Years Resolutions.
I’ve made them, you’ve made them. I’ve kept some, and (clearly) broke some. We all have. I’m going to attempt to make and keep some new ones for 2012.
But Erin, what are some resolutions you’ve made in the past?
- To eat less salt. Believe it or not I’ve actually kept that one up for the most part. In high school I use to salt stuff so much that it was inedible to everyone except myself. Seriously.
- To be more fun. I think I kept that one up? You tell me.
Fun, or just plain ridiculous?!
- To speak my mind more. I think I was pretty successful on that one. This was actually one from last January. I feel like this year was one of the first years I wasn’t really a push over. Maybe I was wrong…
- To be healthier. Isn’t this always a resolution?!
Ok, so here are this years resolutions…
- To be healthier. I’ve not really been successful over the last couple years. I’ve obviously gained some weight over the last little while (who’s kidding who!), and I’ve GOT to get that under control. My skinny little legs were not made to carry my watermelon like mid-section. For reals. It’s depressing. Physical activity has to go up, and eating better needs to become more of a priority.
- To become more GREEN. It’s not terribly hard to consciously be more environmentally aware. I hope to walk more places (instead of driving to the corner store- which I do a lot), be more aware of my electricity usage, and well I’m going to talk to my knowledgeable friend Sandra about it really. She’ll give me some great ideas.
- To do more stuff. Sitting on the couch, or our big leather recliner, is comfy and all, but I need to be more active. Not even just in the physical sense, but mentally as well. I love DIYing, but I don’t do a whole lot of it. Lots can be done around the house, and there are many projects that I can do to take off Matt’s plate. First on my docket… well ok I’m torn. I really want to paint the spare room, but I also really want some hooks up in the bathroom (no it’s not painted yet- but I’m going crazy not being able to hang up any towels!!). What would you do first?
- Really work on getting my student debt down. Just thinking about it stresses me out! I need to get serious about it!
Phew, ok so 4 really doable resolutions no?
I think so.
Let’s hear some of your resolutions! Do you ever keep them? OR are you a breaker like most of us! 😛