You’re probably thinking one of two things right now.
1. What the F does that mean?
2. Awesome line from a spectacularly awesome Christmas movie.
Yeppers, it’s from the christmas movie “A Christmas Story”, and yes, it is fricken awesome. It’s set in the fifties, but shot in the eighties. It’s also got a Wonder Years feel with an adult Ralphie narrating one of his childhood Christmas’.
It’s just awesome….and I still haven’t seen it yet this Christmas!
Is it just me, or does anyone else think that Christmas has come too fast this year? It seems to me like it was only Hallowe’en a couple weeks ago! No? Well maybe it is only me. Maybe it’s because I work in retail? There’s really no time to stop and enjoy the season anymore… booooo to that. I didn’t do half of the Christmas crafts I wanted to, which bums me out.
Crafts I wanted to do this Christmas and didn’t:
1. Make a wreath. I googled wreath ideas, especially on Martha’s site, but shockingly didn’t really find time to do this. I think maybe I will before Christmas holidays over. It’ll be a winter wreath instead of a Christmas one!
2. Make Christmas cards. Yea, that’s not happening this year. Sorry! I hardly got out shower thank you’s before Christmas let alone making, and sending out my own cards. I did however manage to do a 2010 Christmas card shoot with our pets. (In case you don’t know for the last 2 years I’ve taken pics of our donkeys and made photo cards in lieu of a card with children on it (since we don’t have children!)) I was more impressed with the pic on my computer than I was after doing it on the photo machine at the store, but whatev. SPOILER ALERT- here’s the 2010 pic!
Yes they are wearing scarves, and yes that is the best picture of Parker we could get. And by we, I mean me. It was a little hectic in our basement let me tell you, but I think the results are ok. Obv. I would rather them be outside with more winter clothes on, but my chalk drawn snowflakes and tree does make quite the backdrop no?
3. Christmas Gifts. Yeppers, I wanted to attempt to make as many gifts as I could. Like maybe a fun head band (or fascinator as Kathy calls them), or…. ummm ok maybe that’s it. Maybe I just wanted to make headbands with flowers and give them to everybody. So sue me. It didn’t happen anyways, so forget about it!
4. Oh, this one I really did really want to do…I wanted to learn how to knit. Our friend Sydney is AMAZING, and makes all these super duper cute little person sweaters, and hats! So cute I definitely want one, and I would love to learn how to make them!
5. Not really a craft, but I wanted to decorate the outside of the house for Christmas this year. Yes people, I, Erin absolutely LOVE Christmas, but have not lived in a house with Christmas lights on the outside in probably like 5 years. Sad. Very Sad. I wanted to put them up this year, BUT then came snowmageddon, and who wants to put lights on top of snow? Is that even safe? I don’t know. But it doesn’t seem safe to me. Ohhh wait, you know who I could ask about that? My husband. The electrician. I’ll get back to you on that one.
Is 5 failed ideas enough for you? Ughhh. I did however do a hell of a lot of baking…. and maybe that’s it. And work. Don’t forget work.
I will be in the Hammer for a bunch of days next week…maybe Kathy and I will do some of those crafts. That would be fun! AND something to blog about doing! FYI Kathy just bought her first house, and I’ve been pressuring her to have a craft room. Awesome idea no? She doesn’t think so either.
I’ll take the opportunity to sign off here, and say Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays! 🙂 Enjoy the next couple days, spend it with the peeps you love, and have fun!
PS When I was in highschool I used try to find little ways to be different. One of those little (and nerdy) ways was to say Merry Holidays and Happy Christmas to people. What can I say I was a geek.
Or maybe I still am…
Merry Holidays. EFT out.